EU projects implemented by iSMA CONTROLLI (Global Control 5)
Designing modified electronics solutions and developing a design for housings for MINI, MIX modules and AAC20 freely programmable controllers
Project number: POIR.02.03.02-14-0137 / 20
The subject of the project will be R&D services related to:
- designing modified electronics solutions for the MINI and MIX input/output modules and the AAC20 family of freely programmable controllers, and
- development of a new design line of housings for MINI and MIX input/output modules and a family of freely programmable AAC20 controllers with dimensions of 2M, 5M, 6M and 9M, where 1M is the size of the modular housing in accordance with DIN 43880 (other sizes are its multiples).
The result of the design activities will be a product innovation consisting in the development of an improved version of the MINI and MIX I / O modules and the AAC20 family of freely programmable controllers, as well as the development of a new design for enclosures. As a result of the project, technological documentation will be created that will enable the implementation of the developed products into production.
The products improved as a result of the project will have the following features:
- they will complement the existing product solutions of Global Control 5 S.A.
- will be integrated with iSMA building automation systems.
- will be easy and convenient to use, including by disabled people, children and the elderly.
- will be characterized by high aesthetic values, increase the “visual attractiveness” of the product and indicate belonging to the “premium class”.
The basic material for designing new design lines of enclosures will be plastic, which must have the cURus mark, and CCN: QMFZ2 / 8.
The parameters of the improved products will be confirmed during R&D works by:
- Research with the inclusion of end-users
- Modification of electronics and module casings of the new design-line
- Development of the conceptual and detailed design of the complete design line of the housings
- Development of a prototype and technological parameters of an improved product
- Laboratory tests of device prototypes (quality assessment, ergonomics and technological costs in target production).
The project aims to introduce by the Applicant improved BMS-building automation products to the domestic and foreign market by:
- modifying the electronics of modules and drivers
- defining the final technical features of improved products,
- defining the functional and aesthetic features of the new design-line
- development of a new design of the enclosures
- making prototypes of improved products
- testing prototypes
- development of technical documentation enabling the production of improved products
The scope of the services of the scientific unit will include the implementation, demonstration, checking and testing of the prototype of the improved product (housing with modified electronics) and tests of the physical form of the design project, execution of a trial series of the developed product, determination of the final form of the product ready for commercialization, which will enable the implementation of the developed product models for business economic activity of the Applicant immediately after the completion of the project
Co-financing amount: PLN 339 700.17
The Polish Technological Bridges – Canada
The Polish Technological Bridges project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under Priority Axis III – Support for innovation in enterprises; Measure: 3.3. Support for the promotion and internationalization of innovative enterprises, the Intelligent Development Operational Program 2014-2020. Agreement number: POIR-03.03.01-00-0001 / 17-00.
The aim of the Polish Technological Bridges project is: Support for the promotion and internationalization of innovative enterprises
Beneficiary: Polish Investment and Trade Agency S.A.
Co-financing of the project from the EU: PLN 149,981,321.60, co-financing from the state budget PLN 118,678.40, total value of the project: PLN 150 100,000.00
A new generation of RSC and DDC comfort controllers with an innovative open hardware and software platform “Edge BMS Platform ready for IoT connectivity”
Project number: POIR.01.01.01-00-1009 / 19
Brief description of the project: The project aims to improve the competitiveness of Global Control 5 on global markets, which will be achieved by developing and preparing for the implementation of two innovative lines of room comfort controllers, the Comfort Room RSC (Room solution controller) and the DDC (Direct digital controller) and creating an innovative hardware and software platform called “Edge BMS Platform ready for loT connectivity” dedicated to building automation systems (hereinafter referred to as BMS).
The new open, integrated and distributed system will consist of three functional layers:
- The framework (FW) – a new operating system for devices in BMS systems, supporting new, innovative types of controllers and allowing for their online programming
- Tools Setup (TS) – a specialized application for innovative types of controllers allowing for their programming and full online management
- Two types of controllers: a smaller Comfort Room RSC for smaller spaces and a DDC zone controller for larger spaces
The product innovation developed in the project on a Polish scale and the European one will be addressed to the following groups of recipients:
- suppliers of equipment in the BMS technology and BMS integrators in the office space segment
- suppliers of equipment in the BMS technology and BMS integrators in the retail segment (commercial facilities)
- suppliers of equipment in the BMS technology and BMS integrators in the hotel and sports facilities segment
- suppliers of BMS technology devices and BMS integrators in the industrial segment.
The project assumes carrying out:
- industrial research
- experimental development works to achieve the IX TRL LEVEL and the creation of an innovative building automation control system ready for implementation.
As a result of the project, GC5 will offer solutions compatible with virtually all BMS systems, which will be based on open standards, which will allow for a dynamic increase in Global Control 5’s market share.
Co-financing of the project from the EU: PLN 5 183 389.07.
Development of the export potential of Global Control 5 Sp. z o.o. in North America, Australia and Oceania
Global Control 5 Sp. z o.o. implements a project co-financed under the Mazovian Regional Operational Program for 2014-2020 (RPO WM 2014-2020); Number and name of the Priority Axis RPO WM III Development of innovation potential and entrepreneurship; Number and name of Measure 3.2 Internationalization of SMEs; Number and name of the sub-measure 3.2.2 Business models.
Project objective: increasing sales on the international markets of building automation products offered by Global Control 5 Sp. z o.o., signing new contracts in North America and / or Australia and Oceania by implementing certification of Global Control 5 Sp. z o. o. products and developing and implementing export development strategies covering North America, Australia and Oceania.
Project co-financing from the EU: PLN 175 122.30.
Promotion of Global Control 5 Sp. z o.o. on the US, UAE and Brazil markets
Global Control 5 Sp. z o. o. implements a project co-financed from European Funds “OPERATIONAL PROGRAM Intelligent Development Priority Axis 3 Support for innovation in enterprises, Measure 3.3. Through promotion and internationalization of innovative enterprises, Sub-measure 3.3.3 Support for SMEs in promoting product brands – Go to Brand.
Project objective: promotion of the IT / ICT industry through participation in promotional activities on foreign markets and international promotion of innovative products.
Project co-financing from the EU: PLN 584 846.64